Monday, 29 September 2014

Welcome to Oh hello, Spain




So, this is my first post on Oh, hello Spain! If you can see over four years of content in the sidebar, you may well be wondering what I'm on about. Well, this little blog was formerly known as Tales of a Brit Abroad, and this week I've changed its name moved over to this address.

After almost 5 years blogging at Tales of a Brit Abroad, it was time for a change. I wanted a name that reflected the content on the site, and that didn't put readers off. Although those who got my sense of humour or were willing to read past the title seemed to enjoy what they found, I wanted a name that was more relevant and more neutral. Step forward Oh hello, Spain.

I'm planning on keeping the content the same, so you'll still find plenty of posts about life in Spain as a UK expat, Madrid tips, features on visiting towns and cities around Spain and world travel posts. I'll also be keeping the popular Expat Issues and Madrid Monday series of posts. The only thing that's changing is the name and address! I've updated all my social media handles and profiles, so if you were following me before you still will be, I'll just be @ohhellospain now. And if you're new here, welcome! You can find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Foursquare (so, everywhere) @ohhellospain.

Thanks so much for reading Tales of a Brit Abroad and I look forward to seeing you over here at Oh hello, Spain!

What do you think of the new name? And the new design?


6 comments :

  1. It looks so great, Kate!! Well done on creating such a beautiful new space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista! Really glad you like it too. I'm so happy with it! I didn't do it myself though - that's a professional at work :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks great Kate! I'm sure a lot of hard work went into this - I'm terrible at this technical side of blogging! I see you're staying in Madrid for a second year, if you fancy a coffee sometime let me know - always nice to meet other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I' can't even pretend I did it all myself... I'm terrible at technical stuff too! The name change & promoting it required a lot of coordination but everything else has been quite easy. Glad you like it! Great, I'll drop you a line - sounds good.

      Delete
  3. I really love the change too! Fingers crossed mine goes so well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Sure it will - I'll be poised & ready to do some retweeting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...